This is a perfect dinner to use up those vegetables in the fridge and staples in the pantry.
- San Remo No 35 Elbows 500 g
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 400 g can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 10 green beans, finely sliced
- 200 g can two-bean mix, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a deep saucepan; add garlic, onion and paprika, sauté gently till soft.
- Add the carrot and celery; continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes, stock, water, beans & pasta, bring to the boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve with a generous sprinkle