Terms & Conditions
These terms govern your use of the www.stassenfoods.com website and your relationship with Stassen Foods (pvt) ltd (Stassen Foods, we, or us).
Please read them carefully as they affect your rights and liabilities under the law. If you do not agree to these terms please do not use the site.
- Use of the Site
- Password and Security
- Intellectual Property
- Ratings and Reviews
- Stassen Foods Social Media Community Rules
- Availability of the Site
- Stassen Food’s right to suspend or cancel your Registration
- Stassen Food’s Liability
- Order Placement
- Expiry Dates
- Price and Payments
- Third Party Websites, Content, Products and Services
- Applicable Law
1. Use of the Site
The Site is provided to you free of charge for your personal use subject to these terms. By using the Site, you agree to be bound by these terms. All orders and purchases made on the Site will also be governed by the relevant product terms below:
We may update these terms time to time and any changes will be notified to you via the e-mail address provided by you on registration or via a suitable announcement on the site. The changes will apply to the use of the site after we have given notice. If you do not wish to accept the new terms you should not continue to use the site and the Online Store. If you continue to use the site after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of the site indicates your agreement to be bound by the new terms.
You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete. Please inform us of any changes to your information by updating your personal details to ensure that our records are correct.
4. Password and Security
When you register to use the site, you will be asked to create a password. You must keep this password confidential and must not disclose it or share it with anyone. You will be responsible for all activities and orders that occur or are submitted under your password. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password, you should immediately change your password. If Stassen Foods has a reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the site, we may require you to change your password or we may suspend your account in accordance with paragraph 9 below.
5. Intellectual Property
The content of the site is protected by copyright, trademarks, database and other intellectual property rights. You may retrieve and display the content of the site on a computer screen, store such content in electronic form on disk (but not any server or other storage device connected to a network) or print one copy of such content for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices. You may not reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on the site without written permission from Stassen Foods.
No licence is granted to you in these terms to use any trade mark of www.stassenfoods.com or its affiliated companies including, without limitation, the trademarks of the authorized distribution of imported products under Stassen Foods.
6. Ratings and Reviews
By submitting any content to the site you agree that:
- You are the sole author of and are personally responsible for any content you submit (e.g. a written review) and you own any intellectual property rights that relates to it.
- All 'moral rights' that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you.
- We may contact you at the e-mail address attached to your account to request a review or to notify you about the status of your review.
You agree that you won't submit anything that:
- Is false, inaccurate or misleading.
- You have been paid or rewarded for, if such compensation influenced the content of your review in any way.
- Has been copied from anyone else, or infringes on any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy.
- Violate any law or is offensive (e.g. threatening, libellous or racially or religiously biased).
- Includes references to other websites or any contact information (e.g. email addresses or phone numbers).
- Contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
Ratings and written reviews will generally be posted within two to four business days. Stassen Foods reserves the right to remove or to refuse to post any submission for any reason.
7. Stassen Foods Social Media Community Rules
- We encourage comments on Stassen Foods related subjects in an intelligent and constructive manner. We reflect a wide range of interests for the benefit of all of our users.
- Treat others as you would like to be treated. Be polite, even if you disagree. Abusive language, aggression and bullying are not allowed (whether aimed at users, individuals, Stassen Foods or other companies). Distressing content is also banned.
- We will try to help you with any queries, but to respect your privacy we cannot ask for personal contact details on this page. It may be necessary to ask you to contact us via Private Message/Direct Message.
- To safeguard the privacy of individuals any postings including information that may identify individual's offline will be removed.
- Repeated duplicate postings (spam) by the same user or groups will be removed as they clutter up discussions for other users.
- Comments subject to legal issues (slander, defamation, contempt of court) or publicising/ encouraging/ endorsing illegal activity will be removed.
- Content with overt religious or political bias intended to incite others will be removed. Aggressive lobbying that disrupts the community for other Stassen Foods users will be removed.
- Impersonating brands or other users or featuring licensed or copyright material is not allowed.
- Content containing unverified or false claims about products will be removed.
- Finally, Stassen Foods retains the right to remove content posted on social media or block users from posting to any Stassen Foods page for any other reason deemed necessary to create a helpful community.
8. Availability of the Site
Although Stassen Foods aims to offer you the best service possible, we make no promise that the services at the site will meet your requirements. Stassen Foods cannot guarantee that the service will be fault free. If a fault occurs in the service you should report it to the customer care team (see below for contact details) or by email at [email protected] and we will attempt to correct the fault as soon as we reasonably can.
Your access to the site may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. Stassen Foods will attempt to restore the service as soon as it reasonably can.
9. Stassen Food’s right to suspend or cancel your Registration
Stassen Foods may suspend or cancel your registration immediately at our reasonable discretion or if you breach any of your obligations under these terms. The suspension or cancellation of your registration and your right to use the site shall not affect either party's rights or liabilities.
10. Stassen Food’s Liability
The content on the site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on the site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether the express or implied that the content on the site is accurate, complete, or up to date. Nothing in this paragraph applies to Stassen Food's liability in respect of products sold through the online store.
The site is presented “as is”. We make no representations or warranties of any kind whatsoever, expressed or implied, relating to these terms and conditions or the site, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or fitness for a purpose, except to the extent such representations and warranties are not legally excludable. You agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we will not be responsible or liable (whether in contract, tort [including negligence] or otherwise) under any circumstances, for any interruption of business, access delays or access interruptions to the site, data non delivery, corruption destruction or other modification, loss or damages of any sort incurred as a result of dealings with or the presence of off website links on the site, computer viruses, system failures or malfunctions which may occur in connection with your use of the site, any inaccuracies or omissions in content or events beyond our reasonable control.
Further to the fullest extent permitted by law, we will not be liable for any indirect, special, punitive, incidental or consequential damages of any kind related to the site or your use thereof regardless of the form of action whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages and in no event shall our maximum aggregate liability exceed the amount paid by the purchaser for the product. You agree that no claims or action arising out of, or related to, the use of the site or these terms and conditions may be brought by you more than one (1) year after the cause of action relating to such claim or action arose.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold us harmless for any loss, damages or costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any third-party claim, action, or demand resulting from your use of the site or breach of these terms and conditions.
You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these terms. If any provision of these terms is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms, which shall remain in full force and effect.
If you breach these terms and Stassen Foods ignores this, we will still be entitled to use its rights and remedies at a later date or in any other situation where you breach the terms.
Nothing in these terms shall exclude Stassen Food's liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or personal injury or death caused by its negligence.
13. Order Placement
You may place an order to purchase a product advertised for sale on the site by following the onscreen prompts after clicking on the item you are interested in. You will have an opportunity to check and correct any input errors in your order up until the point at which you submit your order by clicking the “Proceed to Checkout” button on the ‘Shopping Cart' page (a single transaction value cannot be less than a minimum transactional value of LKR 2,500/- for all payment methods).
After placing an order, the customer will receive an e-mail from stassenfoods.com acknowledging that the order has been received. Please note that this does not mean that we have accepted the order. Stassen Foods receives full right to inform and decline an order if: (a). the product/ products you ordered is out of stock or discontinued; (b). there is a problem with authorization of the payment on your debit or credit card; or (c) if any of the written terms and conditions are violated.
14. Expiry Dates
We make sure that the purchased goods have a reasonable amount of time left on the expiry date. However, please note that items which are closer to the expiry date will be mentioned in the item description.
15. Price and Payments
The price of any products will be as quoted on our site, except in cases of obvious error. These prices include VAT but exclude delivery charges, which will be added to the total amount. In the case of credit/ debit card payments, you will receive an order confirmation and payment confirmation. We cannot complete your order until you have paid for it in full. By using a credit/debit card to pay for your order, you confirm that the card being used is yours. All credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorization by the card issuer. If the issuer of your card refuses to authorize payment, we will not accept your order and we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery and we are not obliged to inform you of the reason for the refusal. We are not responsible for your card issuer or bank charging you as a result of our processing of your credit/debit card payment in accordance with your order. Your payments are going through secure payment site operated by Hatton National Bank (HNB). Your card details will be securely transmitted to the Bank for transaction authorization.
Our delivery service may also not be available on certain mercantile holidays in Sri Lanka, holidays are decided at our discretion. We deliver only within the cities as identified in the site. Upon delivery of the goods, the person accepting the goods ordered must sign the copy of the invoice. Once the items are being delivered and accepted it cannot be returned or exchanged for any reason.
- Delivery of the items will be based on the availability of the item you have ordered and on the delivery location.
- Delivery period provided in our site will neither form a condition nor a warranty on the delivery period.
- A Delivery Fee of Rs. 400/= will be applicable to all orders/ bills for the delivery service.
17. Third Party Websites, Content, Products and Services
The site provides links to websites and access to content, products, and services from third parties, including users, advertisers, affiliates and sponsors of the site. User agrees that we are not responsible for the availability of content provided on third-party websites. You should refer to the policies posted by other web sites regarding privacy and other topics before the user use them. User agrees that we are not responsible for third party content accessible through the site, including opinions, advice, statements, and advertisements, and understand that you bear all risks associated with the use of such content. If you choose to purchase any products or services from a third party, your relationship is direct with the third party.
User agrees that we are not responsible for: (a). the quality of third party products or services; and (b). fulfilling any of the terms of your agreement with the seller, including the delivery of products or services and warranty obligations related to purchased products or services. User agrees that we are not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort you may incur from dealing with any third party.
18. Applicable Law
These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Sri Lanka and any disputes will be decided only by the Sri Lanka courts.
The site is owned and operated by Stassen Foods (pvt) ltd, a company registered in Sri Lanka whose registered office is at “Stassen House”, No. 833, Sirimavo Bandaranaike Mawatha, Colombo 14.
If you have any queries please contact our customer care at [email protected] or 077XXXXXXX Company Registration No. 519500 VAT No. GB220 4302 31